Hours: Monday through Friday, 6:00 am-2:30 pm, some Saturday overtime hours
The Taylor & Fenn Company is a ferrous sand casting foundry located in Windsor, CT. The ideal candidate will work safely while repairing various machines in operation. The Maintenance Mechanic assists in the maintenance and repairs of equipment used in the heat treating process, building utility systems, electrical controls, heating & ventilating, conveyor systems, overhead cranes, fork trucks, hydraulics, pneumatic controls, physical structure, and grounds.
- Demonstrate the ability to operate with a “safety first” mentality
- Prior roofing experience desired
- Prior maintenance, mechanical and electrical experience desired
- Can work independently or with others safely
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Currently working on a roofing project, must be willing to work on the roof
- Assist Maintenance department to assemble, install or repair wiring, electrical and electronic components, machinery, and equipment.
- Help inspect, operate, and test machinery and equipment to diagnose machine malfunctions.
- Assist in the repair or replacement of defective equipment parts by using hand tools, power tools, and reassemble equipment.
- Perform basic mechanical repairs and preventative maintenance procedures as directed.
- Assist in resolving problems, delays and difficulties. Notify supervisor if problems arise.
- Understand and carry out routine written and oral instructions and work.
- Assist Maintenance Department members in the repair of manufacturing equipment.